A CMS platform is a great option if you need to create a business page in a fast, easy way. You’re not required to have specialized skills in coding, software programming, or custom framework to use a CMS platform (thank goodness). There’s a wide range of CMS alternatives you can choose from if you’re looking at creating a website for your business.
There are many different CMS options, such as Squarespace, WordPress, HubSpot, Weebly, Wix, and Webflow. There are pros and cons to each platform, and we’re here to help decipher what fits your needs best.
What is a CMS?
CMS stands for Content Management System (CMS) and describes software that enables you to conveniently create, manage, and publish a website in a straightforward, streamlined way.
What Are the Characteristics of a Good CMS Platform?
These are some of the essential characteristics you should look out for when choosing a website build CMS platform for your business website:
● User-friendly: It should have a drag-and-drop interface that makes it convenient to add or move elements on your website.
● Rich Functionality: It must have custom framework tools that let you build or customize web applications to expand its functionality.
● Design Templates: It should offer different template designs that you can use to personalize the appearance of your site.
● Export Options: It must provide a way to export your site data in case you decide to transfer to another CMS platform in the future.
● Workflow Management: Forbes reports that Adobe believes that the ideal CMS platform should have workflow management capabilities so that you can store and retrieve your assets easily.
● Cost-effective: CMS platform pricing ranges from free to affordable to expensive, depending on the features and customer service that each one includes.
What CMS Platforms Can You Use To Build CMS Sites?
You can choose from the popular CMS platforms which you can use to create your business website by comparing their advantages and disadvantages:
WordPress.org is free open-source software you can use to build a website, blog, or app. Take note that it is distinct from WordPress.com, which is a blog hosting platform.
● The WordPress block editor is simple and intuitive to use.
● There are many free and paid WordPress themes and plugins you can download.
● It is designed for search engine optimization (SEO).
● Although the software is free to use, you need to set up and pay for your own web hosting.
● You are required to acquire a domain name.
HubSpot is a completely integrated CMS system that is built on the CRM platform of the company.
● Its website builder comes with a drag-and-drop editor and SEO tools.
● It comes with built-in security features.
● A free version is not offered by HubSpot, although there is a free trial.
● It is not particularly suitable for e-commerce websites.
Weebly is a website builder that is a part of the Square product suite.
● The free plan comes with customizable web page designs and useful tools.
● It has eCommerce and blogging features.
● You have to subscribe to a paid plan to remove the Weebly link from your website.
● Some of the formatting and placement features cannot be personalized.
Wix is a website builder that is used to design and publish high-quality websites.
● There is a free plan option.
● It comes with more than 500 customizable website templates.
● It does not offer an easy way to export and move your data to another platform.
● Your website will include Wix branding if you stick to a free plan.
● You cannot build an e-commerce shop unless you subscribe to a paid plan.
Webflow is a no-code website builder with a visual canvas.
● It includes marketing and site optimization tools.
● You will be limited to 100 static pages per website.
● It has a steep learning curve compared to other CMS platforms.
Squarespace is a website builder that is an all-in-one solution used to create professional websites, online stores, and portfolios.
● It features award-winning website designs.
● You can make password-protected pages to share private content with your clients.
● It includes a suite of fully integrated features and handy guides that will help you improve your search results rankings
● You have the option to integrate various apps into your Squarespace website.
● It is simple to manage multiple websites using this CMS platform.
● It has auto-updates to improve the security of your website.
● There is no free version, although there is a free trial.
Build CMS Sites for Your Business With the Help of a CMS Platform
There are many CMS platforms you can select from, such as WordPress, HubSpot, Weebly, Wix, and Webflow. Overall, we recommend Squarespace because it is an all-in-one solution for business owners and marketing specialists like you. Nevertheless, you can choose the CMS website build software that works best for your business, given your unique needs and budget.
Build a business page even if you don’t have experience with coding or custom framework simply by using a CMS platform. Drop us a line today to build your website.